Friday, October 07, 2005

Finally Friday!

I remember my creative writing professor telling us before that the best way to become a great writer was simply to write. Our assignment for the entire term was to write as much as we possibly could, about anything, about everything that came to mind. Every night, before we went to sleep we had to fill at least one sheet of bond paper with our stream-of-consciousness writing. It sounds simple, but it was actually quite daunting sitting there with a pen in your hand, staring at a blank sheet of paper. The hardest part was always the first sentence. But it was kind of liberating once your mind and your hand started to work together; it was almost like going on autopilot, writing without even having to think about it.

Nowadays, it's the blank computer screen that I need to overcome and I've managed to avoid the entire blogging thing for quite a while. But now that my diary is pretty much defunct due to the fact that I *gasp* live with someone now and generally don't have as much time on my own as I used to, I've started to realize the benefits of blogging. Read as: something that can be done at work.

Actually, I got inspired because a graphologist I went to a few days ago told me that I no longer do something artistic that I used to do before. Writing is the only thing that comes to mind. I hardly think water coloring a few stationeries would constitute something that would have an effect on my life.

Anyways, since it's a friday and i have nothing better to write about, i may as well just jot down here my brilliant money making idea for an invention. A process to alter your genes so that all excess weight you gain would go to the right places. This way you eliminate the need to diet as well as the need to have cosmetic surgery done.

Hehehe.... Thank god it's FRIDAY!

No comments: